oh dear god, no

It's official. I went and got myself a facebook.

It's something I've been resisting since the bad old days of Myspace. My excuses were, variously:

  • I'm too old
  • I don't need one
  • they're pointless and ugly and full of horrible pictures
  • Myspace is gay
Unfortunately only half of those reasons are true these days; and I'm in danger of falling seriously behind the times. Nearly everyone I know has one* and it just seems to be the best way of staying in touch without actually having to, you know, speak to anyone or leave the house or anything. I imagine it's kind of like "going together" was in grade 5.

* Apparently, even my mother has a facebook page. Sure, she hasn't actually filled out any of the profile and there's no picture of her - but the point is she has one. I did not ask her to be my friend. Is that bad?

No comments: