Procrastination, thy name is Cass

It would be good if I could ever get around to actually updating this, right?

It's just that I've been extremely busy at work and; also, the dog ate my blog. Or something.

The big news around the 'hood is that my parents are moving house in September. It's the typical sea-change. Dad retired in July (-ish) and suddenly found that the concept of moving house filled him not with the crippling anxiety he'd always associated with such ventures; but with vigorous enthusiasm.

This surprised me because, as anyone who knows me or my father can tell you, we don't actually have any natural propensity for enthusiasm.

At any rate, they found a house in Rye which they really liked and subsequently won the auction which they didn't seriously consider would happen and now they've managed to sell their house for a seriously staggering sum of money and are tasked with shifting 30 years worth of accumulated crap out of the family home and off into the pale blue yonder.

This is inconvenient for the Monkey-husband and myself who are currently using their house as a surrogate home for a piano, a reproduction Georgian dining suite a, and a depression era wardrobe.

On the other hand, we will now be able to mooch free accommodation at the beach...

No comments: